Positive Behavior Intervention and Support
John Muir participates in PBIS -- Positive Behavior Intervention and Support.PBIS is a school wide positive behavioral intervention system designed to increase academic performance, improve safety, decrease problem behaviors, and establish positive school culture. The goal of PBIS at John Muir is to proactively teach students expected behaviors in all areas of the school.
At John Muir, students and parents can expect:
- Common routines, language and practices used throughout the school to provide consistency to the student.
- Positive feedback to students for demonstrating/modeling expected behaviors.
- Using data to understand patterns of behavior.
- Family/school communication, partnerships, and relationships.
- Use of a school wide reward system when John Muir students R.O.A.R. !
Please visit PBIS.org or PBISworld.com for more information.