Playground Expectations and Rules
At JME our playground is another place where we behave "The John Muir Way". Every day at recess we practice the Life Skills of Compassion, Cooperation, Courage, Effort, Flexibility, Initiative, Integrity, Perseverance, Respect, and Responsibility!
If I have a small problem I will try two of Kelso's Choices. If I have a BIG problem, I will tell an adult.
IMPORTANT THINGS FOR STUDENTS TO REMEMBER ON THE PLAYGROUND:
- I will stay on the playground at all times; boundaries are painted on cement
- I will not go to any classroom/library without adult permission during recess
- I will ask an adult for a pass to use the restroom
- I will play games according to the game rules taught in PE
- I will use all play equipment in a safe manner and only in designated areas
- The hand railings around the school are not be to used as playground equipment
- I will not pick up or throw bark, sticks, rocks or anything else found on the ground other than supplied equipment
- No hands in the sand. Please don’t move or dig in the sand field at any time of the day
- I will allow others to join a game if they choose
- I will only use school equipment on the playground and will leave personal items at home
At John Muir I will do my part to make recess a fun time for myself and others!
Click on links below to see the rules.