Tips for Families
Just-Right-Books are the books that you read when you want to relax. You can read the book easily and understand it very well. It won’t take a lot of effort for you to read and understand.
Families help your children become better readers by:
- Taking them to the public library to get a library card and check out books.
- Having a quiet place at home to read at least 20 minutes every day.
- Making time to read with your child.
- Limiting T.V. and computer time.
How to Choose A Just-Right-Book
- Find an interesting book
- Pick any page
- Read to yourself
- Count how many words you miss with your fingers.
- If you miss 5 words the book is too hard for now.
- Is this a book you can read easily and understand very well?