LWSD Acceptable Use Procedures
(Computer Code of Conduct)
The library is a place to find information, ideas, and inspiration. It is also a classroom. Each class meets weekly for one-half hour. The LWSD Curriculum is taught and student academic progress is reported in the LWSD Report Card.
The Library grade is based on:
- Using the information resources in the library.
- Active participation during class.
- Checking out books.
- Responsibility for taking care of materials and returning books on time.
- Written assignments or performance of library skills during class time.
- Respect yourself
- Respect others
- Respect the teacher
- Respect the library
Students are encouraged to check out books from their school library.
- Kindergarten: 1 book limit, one week checkout
- 1st grade: 2 book limit, one week checkout
- 2nd grade: 3 book limit, one week checkout
- 3rd-5th: 4 book limit, 2 week checkout